With the Password Protection feature, you are able to create a private website, or make part of your site private.
What this feature allows you to do:
- Assign a single login ID (username) and password to your site.
- Choose whether you want to lock (password protect) all the pages on your site.
- You can then share the login ID and password with people you want to give access to the protected pages.
- When they access those pages they will be asked to type in the login ID and password before being given access.
What this feature does not do:
- Allow people to register for a username and password on your site. This is a feature we would definitely like to provide in the future. We will need to do quite a bit of development to make this possible, so we can't make any commitments about if or when it will be released.
- Keep your files private and unsearchable on Google and on other search engines, no matter whether they're added to password-protected pages/sites or not.
How to use the Password Protection feature
- Click Settings > Properties.
- Click the Edit Protection button.
- Add a login ID and password and tick the pages that you would like to protect.
- You can easily protect all your pages by clicking Lock All or take off the password protection by clicking Unlock All.
- Click Save.
- Preview your protected page to see what the login form will look like and to test your login and password.
- To make the change effective on your live site, click Publish.