An alternative option to the Page Layout button is the Columns widget (located in Widgets and selecting Popular from the drop-down menu). It's a great way to change the look and design of your page. You can add widgets inside the two columns, or add another Columns widget inside one of the columns to create even more columns!
The center divider of the Columns widget can be dragged to the left or right to change the size of the columns.
You can also edit the margins by clicking Margin on the top left-hand corner of the widget. This will open up a screen that allows you to adjust the margins which will control the spacing around the outside of the Columns widget. You can adjust the margins individually by entering the value desired into each box in the diamond formation (top, right, bottom, left). You can also have your margins be created equally on all sides by dragging the slider to the right to increase the margin size and to the left to decrease it.
You can also control the padding within the columns by clicking Column Padding. You can control the padding for the left-hand column and for the right-hand column by either inputting individual values or by using the slider bar. It is a good idea to create a padding so that content from the columns do not appear to "run together" on the page. Click Save to return to the Sitebuilder.
You can easily create more than two columns by following these steps:
- Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop a Columns widgets onto your page.
- Then, drag and drop another Columns widget inside one of the columns.
- Drag the blue middle bar to resize the columns to the desired width. Click Margin and/or Column Padding to enter the values needed to create spacing outside or inside the Columns widget.
- Drop additional widgets inside the columns to add content, for example a Text widget if you wish to write, a Picture widget if you wish to add a picture. This is a great way to add a row of pictures!