With carrier-calculated shipping, you receive shipping costs from major shipping carrier companies (UPS, USPS, FedEx, Canada Post, Australia Post, EMS Russian Post, Brasil Correios and MDS Collivery). You don't have to set up shipping rates manually, as they will be calculated in real-time and delivered automatically.
To begin, first create a Destination Zone:
- Log in to your Sitebuilder.
- Click Menu > Store.
- Go to Settings > Zones.
- Click +Add New Zone.
- Enter a name for the zone, i.e. United States.
- Click Add Country.
- Select the country/countries from the list.
- Click Add Countries.
- Repeat for regions, states, and zip codes as needed.
- Click Save.
Once you have a zone, you can set up shipping. To create a carrier-calculated shipping method:
- Go to Settings > Shipping & Pickup.
- Click the +Add Shipping Method button.
- Select your region:
- Use "The World" to create a shipping method for any location
- Select a specific region to create shipping for a specific Destination Zone
- Select Carrier-calculated.
- Click Choose a carrier.
- Choose the shipping carrier you'd like to use to calculate shipping.
- Depending on the option you have selected, a variety of methods will be available. Tip: With a long list, click Disable All to remove all of the methods, then click Enable next to the methods you plan to use.
- Click Account Details.
- Select an option to calculate rates. Depending on the carrier, you can select to use our default account or use your own shipping account:
- Default account: we will get shipping rates from a carrier for you automatically.
- Your shipping account: choose this option if you have an account with this carrier already, and you want to receive your own specific shipping rates from it.
- Add a shipping markup flat fee if needed to cover additional handling expenses
- Click the Name shipping method.
- Enter a name for your method, i.e. FedEx Ground.
- When you're finished, click Save & Finish.
- Click Save on the Shipping screen.
If you have one method, but would like to offer different shipping rates (e.g. one for your country, and one for other countries), you need to configure two zones. Once you have your zones set up, it's easy to specify shipping costs per zone. If you want to offer free shipping to all customers near your store, create a new zone with your country, state and zip code. This means that each condition you have for shipping should have a zone.