The Online Store incorporates an Inventory Tracking feature where you can control the outflow of your products and be notified when your stock is getting low. You can also put an "Out of stock" status on your product and prevent further orders.
The Product quantity can be set in the Online Store control panel. Here's how:
- In the Sitebuilder, go to Menu > Store.
- Click Catalog > Products.
- Click on the product which you want to track.
- Under "Stock Control" in the right-hand panel, click Manage.
- Fill in the quantity or select the Unlimited option (this means the product is always for sale and the product quantity will never be decreased to 0).
- If you want a notification for when your stock reaches low, fill in the number at which point you want to be alerted.
- Click Save.
If you set product quantity, it will be automatically reduced after each purchase until it reaches zero. After that, the product gets "Out of stock" status and will not be available for sale. You can hide "Out of stock" products in your store using "Hide out of stock products" option. Here's how:
- In the Online Store, go to Settings > General.
- Click Cart.
- In the "Catalog Settings" section, tick the box next to "Hide out of stock products".
- Click Save.
If you want to track the inventory of each option selection (e.g. one t-shirt is available in different colors and you have 2 white, 3 black and 1 blue), you should use product combinations.