Categories are a great way to manage and arrange your products. They also make it easier for customers to navigate your site and find the products they want.
- In the Sitebuilder, click Menu > Store.
- Click Catalog > Categories.
- Click +Add Root Category to set up your main category (e.g., "Coffee Beans").
- You can also add a subcategory, e.g., "Medium Roast Coffee Beans".
- While you are setting your categories up, they are displayed on the left-hand side of the dialog box.
- Once you have created your categories, click Category products.
- You can either Assign Products to Category or Create New Product.
- When you're finished, click Save in the top-right corner.
Categories are also helpful if you plan to use your Store widget on more than one page because you can select which categories to display on your page. In this way, you can offer different products on each of your pages while maintaining a single database of products.
Categories in multiple stores
Once you've set up your categories, you can add the Store widget to your other pages. To select which category you'd like to have displayed on the page, follow these steps:
- Go to Widgets > Popular.
- Drag and drop a Store widget onto your page.
- Hover your mouse over the widget and click Edit in the top-left corner.
- Click on the drop-down menu under "Categories to show."
- Select the category you'd like to have displayed.
- You can also choose your product layout and the number of products displayed per page.
- Click Save.
Please note: Using categories to create separate stores is a workaround. On the back end, it is still one store since it is only possible to have only one store per account. If you need a completely separate store you need to create a new account.