It is possible to have a text or picture link open in a new window, and we've made it easy to do so using the Link Editor.
Here are the steps for setting up a text link:
- In the Text widget, type in the text that you want people to click on (this is your link text).
- Highlight the link text, and then click on the "Link" button (it looks like a chain link) on the Text Editing Toolbar
- The Choose a Link dialog box will open and you will be given four options: You can link to a page on your site; an external URL; an email address; or a file stored in your File Manager.
- Remember to enter your link like this: http://www.yourlink.com, otherwise, it won't be clickable.
- Once you have selected the type of link you'd like to use, you can select Open in new window.
- Click OK to save.
- To check that your link is working, preview your page and click on the link.