There are several options that you can use to add music to your site. Please read through our options and select the one that best suits you:
You can add music using Yola's MP3 widget:
- Go to Widgets.
- From the drop-down menu, click Media.
- Drag and drop the MP3 widget.
- You can upload your audio file either directly from your computer or from your File Manager.
- Save and republish your site.
You can also add external MP3 players to your site if they provide you with an HTML code to embed it into your site. These Google Search results offer a variety of suggestions you can use.
How to locate the music URL?
To play a song that you've uploaded to your site using one of the above widgets, edit the settings so that the URL looks like http://mysite.com/resources/song.mp3
- Replace "mysite" with the name of your published site.
- Replace "song.mp3" with the name of the music file you've uploaded.
- Remember to include any folder names in the file path if your file is stored in a folder in the File Manager. For example, if you have a Music folder: "resources/music/song.mp3".
Once you have your code, you can paste this into an HTML widget. Please follow these steps:
- Go to Widgets.
- Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
- In the HTML Editor that opens up, paste in your code.
- Click Save.
Please ensure that you own the copyright to the music you will be playing.
Please keep in mind that while the code may work now, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future. Codes can become obsolete and/or conflict with the enhancements made to provide you with the best Sitebuilder possible.